Thursday, September 03, 2009

Wow, I've actually been knitting

It's been a productive year, however, I've resigned myself to sporadic blog posts. Nevermind since there's probably 2 people who read this blog anyway, me being one of them. A couple of finished objects to parade around. The first is a simple thing, a pair of socks as usual, made from Crystal Palace called Mini Mochi. Not to be mistaken with the tasty Asian treat Mochi.


The second accomplishment was a shawl I made for my best friend Emily. I intended to complete it for her to wear on her wedding day, but alas, as some lofty and complicated projects go, I did not finish it in time. Instead I presented it to her on her birthday. It's made from Alpaca with A Twist "Fino" in Plum. I used #6 needles and a pattern I found in Vogue Stitchionary Volume 1 called Traveling Leaves.

Here it is after soaking in Soak Celebration.
Here it is blocking and drying.
And here it is in all its glory!

On the needles now are a few projects. another pair of vanilla socks in Claudia Hand Painted Yarn the colorway is called "Oops". I've got another pair of socks in a Turquoise Fortissima Socka that is being knit in a fish scale pattern. I've started a stole out of Socks that Rock yarn I purchased this summer from from Bainbridge Island's Churchmouse Teas and Yarn, in Washington State. And I'm certain that there are half-finished projects started eons ago that are strewn about and stuffed somewhere. Oh the plight of one that has many interests...or who is easily bored. It depends on what mood I'm in I suppose.

No comments: