Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This blog is a joke

Ha! It's been a little over a year already and nary a peep from me. This life thing is getting out of hand and it's seriously cramping my blogging style. Part of it is laziness and the rest is just the whirling of life things to a degree that it's gotten hard to pin my ass down fast enough to take some knitting pictures and blab about what I've been up to. PhD is in full force, I am almost half way there with one more semester of classes to take. I foresee another 2 years of nosing the grind. I got a new job. We moved again. Several friends have gotten married. A few friends have had babies I've knitted a couple of socks. And I am quite involved in a couple of projects that may be too complicated for these busy times. I'm in the middle of knitting a pair of fish scale socks in some Fortissima Socka yarn that I bought years ago. I'm 1/3 of the way through a lace shawl in lace weight alpaca. I started spinning some yarn out of red merino with hopes of one day making a sweater out of it. And our recent trip to Washington State's Bainbridge Island has inspired me to knit Clapotis out of 2 skeins of Socks that Rock: Puck's Mischief. We shall see. The summer is already chugging along and I am dreading the coming of August for when school starts again. I need to have written my dissertation proposal by then and need to have started preparing for my comprehensive exams.

No comments: